NOTICE OF A MEETING FOR
THE ELECTION OF CHURCHWARDENS
Parish of ________St Nicholas Ribby with Wrea_________
A meeting for the election of churchwardens will be held on the Village Green
Following the Sunday Service
on ____Twenty Seventh __ day of ___September 2020____ at ____11:00 am___
This meeting may be attended by:
- All persons whose names are entered on the church electoral roll of the parish and
- All persons resident in the parish whose names are entered on a register of local government electors by reason of such residence
Signed ___R Griffiths___________________________ChurchWarden
Dated __10th September 10, 2020_______________________
In this Notice "parish" means an ecclesiastical parish.
St Nicholas Ribby with Wrea
THE ANNUAL PAROCHIAL CHURCH MEETING
will be held on the Village Green following the Sunday Service
on Electoral Roll (Revised 10th Sept 2020) the Twenty Seventh day of September 2020 at 11:10am
Signed R Griffiths Churchwarden 10/09/20
For the election of Parochial representatives of the laity as follows:
- To the Parochial Church Council Five representatives. (See Annual report for a list of those to be re-elected)
- For the appointment of Sidesmen
- For the appointment Independent Examiner or Auditor.
- For the consideration of:
- A Report on changes in the Electoral roll since the annual parochial church meeting 2019
- An Annual Report of the proceedings of the parochial church council and the activities of the parish generally;
- The Financial Statements of the Council for the year ending on the 31st December 2019 which have been audited or independently examined;
- A Report on the fabric, goods and ornaments of the church or churches of the parish;
- A Report on the proceedings of the Deanery Synod and other matters of parochial or general Church interest.
- All persons whose names are entered upon the Church Electoral Roll of the parish (and such persons only) are entitled to vote at the election of parochial representatives of the laity.
- Subject to the provisions of rule 12(2)(c), a person is qualified to be elected a parochial representative of the laity if
a) their name is entered on the church electoral roll of the parish and, unless they are under the age of eighteen years at the date of the election, has been so entered for at least the preceding period of six months;
b) the person is an actual communicant which means that they have received Communion according to the use of the Church of England or of a Church in communion with the Church of England at least three times during the twelve months preceding the date of the election and;
c) the person is sixteen years or upwards and d) the person is not disqualified as referred to in paragraph 5 of these notes. 3a) A person shall be disqualified from being nominated, chosen or elected from serving as a churchwarden, a member of a
parochial church council, a district church council or any synod under these rules if he is disqualified from being a charity trustee under section 72(1) of the Charities Act 1993 and the disqualification is not for the time being subject to a general waiver by the Charity Commissioners under subsection (4) of that section or to a waiver by them under that subsection in respect of all ecclesiastical charities established for purposes relating to the parish concerned.
(aa) A person shall be disqualified from being nominated, chosen or elected or from serving as a churchwarden or member
of a parochial church council, a district church council or any synod under these rules if the person is included in a barred list (within the meaning of the Safeguarding Vulnerable
Groups Act 2006).
(ab) A person shall be disqualified from being nominated, chosen or elected or from serving as a churchwarden or member
of a parochial church council, a district church council or any synod under these rules if the person has been convicted of an offence mentioned in Schedule 1 to the Children and Young Persons Act 1933.
(ac) A person's disqualification under paragraph (ab) may be waived by the bishop of the diocese in question giving the person notice in writing.
b) A person shall also be disqualified from being nominated, chosen or elected from serving as a churchwarden or member
pf parochial church council if they have been so disqualified from holding office under section 10(6) of the Incumbents (Vacation of Benefice) Measure 1977., a member of a parochial church council, a district church council or any synod under these rules if they are disqualified from being a charity trustee under section 178 of the Charities Act 2011 and the disqualification is not for the time being subject to a general waiver by the Charity Commissioners under subsection 4 of that section or to a waiver by them under that subsection in respect of all ecclesiastical charities§ established for purposes relating to the parish concerned.
- Any person whose name is on the electoral roll may be appointed as a sidesman.
- ‡A resolution is in operation in this parish which provides that any person entitled to vote in the elections of parochial
representatives of the laity to the parochial church council or to the deanery synod or to both that council and that synod may make application on the appropriate form to the undersigned for a postal vote. The completed form must be received before the commencement of the Annual Parochial Church Meeting.
NOTE - In this notice "parish" means an ecclesiastical parish.
§"Ecclesiastical charity" has the same meaning as that assigned to that expression in the Local Government Act 1894.
The Parish of St. Nicholas Ribby cum Wrea
THE ANNUAL Parish Meeting (Vestry)
Sunday 27th September at 11:00 am
To be held on the Village Green (following the Morning Service)
- Minutes of 2018 Meeting
- Election of Churchwardens
To be followed immediately by
THE ANNUAL PAROCHIAL CHURCH MEETING
- Minutes of 2019 Meeting
- The Annual Parish Report and Accounts
- Election of Auditor
- Election of Sidesmen
- Election of representatives to the Deanery Synod
- Election of members to the Parochial Church Council
- Chairman's Remarks
NB There five vacancies(re-elections) for membership of the PCC. Any qualifying person who wishes to be nominated as a PCC member is requested to complete a Nomination Form and provide it to the vicar, in advance of the meeting. Forms can be found in the Nomination forms page on the website or from the churchwarden
On behalf of the Parochial Church Council